Wednesday, May 28, 2014

On our way

After waiting half an hour for a flight running late from Los Angeles, we finally left Montreal around 10:25 last night. It was so nice to be on a Boeing 777--Daniel and I actually had enough headroom and didn't have to duck going down the aisle. (I first got an autocorrected "Boring 777"--but I can't say that it was, since everyone got headphones and could watch TV & movies and follow out progress on an interactive map.)  And our seats were correct this time, so we were all sitting together. 
We were starving by the time food was served--a hot dinner--small but hit the spot. I think we all slept reasonably well off and on through our short night across the Atlantic. We just had a "petit dejeuner" (emphasis on "petit")--a piece of rather tasty banana bread. [Hey, my kids know that food is the highlight of every vacation for me, so I may as well start my reviews!] 
It looks like we should land in Paris in about half an hour--around 9:50. We just passed within 100 miles of Cork, Ireland
And then we passed right over the western tip of England, west of Plymouth. 
We just passed Cherbourg (and near Normandy) and have started our descent. Hopefully we can stay awake for some sightseeing today--Notre Dame, Sainte Chapelle, and the Louvre (open late tonight). Our first day in Europe begins! [David]


No comments:

Post a Comment